Bike Racks for Truck Bed
Bike racks complement with one significant part of your lifestyle, which is, travelling. Whether you travel alone or fully packed with your friends and family, a wide variety of bike racks are made available for your SUV or vehicle to safely and securely bring your bike with you. This goes the same with bike racks for trucks. Usually, trucks are used for long-distance travels. This is where the need to have a firm and reliable bike rack for truck bed comes into the picture.
Bike Rack for Truck Bed
You usually travel with trucks if you go to an off-road adventure. Here, your truck bed bicycle rack should also be secure and durable enough to hold the pressure of a very rough road. Bike racks for truck bed are uniquely designed for such situations compared to other bike racks for SUVs‘ use.
Types of Bike Racks for Trucks
- Bedhead. These bicycle racks for trucks come in the form of a fork. The fork’s mount is attached to the truck bed. The security of the attachment can be identified through the locking skewer that binds the truck bed and the fork mount.
- Advantage: The presence of the locking skewer holds the bike intact preventing it from collapsing while you are travelling.
- Disadvantage: In case of defect on the locking skewer, there is a big risk of losing the bike without you noticing it.
- Bikebar. A bikebar comes into sizes such as midsized or that which takes the partial amount of space on your truck bed or full-sized or that which will consume the entire length of your truck bed. In installing this, there are no technical tools and parts needed, unlike that of a bedhead where a locking skewer is needed. A bikebar is simply a solid bar featuring dependability and safety of the bike.
- Advantage: Saves you time from installation and disassembling the bike rack.
- Disadvantage: In case of extremely rough roads, there is a big tendency for the bike to be damaged or it may fall because there is no protection when impact hits.
- Crashpads. The main feature of these bike racks for trucks is its spontaneity. There is also no installation needed. You can load your bike rack on the tailgate portion of your truck bed. This is the best option in terms of security from damage. A crashpad often comes in the form of a foam and nylon.
- Advantage: They are designed for long-term use, as they are made durable.
- Disadvantage: Consumes a bigger amount of space on your truck bed. Often crashpads are more expensive, too.
- Blockhead. A blockhead may be a locked blockhead or regular (unlocked). It features another mounting position for your bike. This is the same type of bike rack for truck bed with that of a bedhead except that a blockhead has a single-sided skewer.
- Advantage: You can be creative with the design.
- Disadvantage: The single point of adjustment may not hold the bike right.
When buying for bike racks, it would be best for you to consider your budget as well as how often you will be using it. This will help you pick out the best bike rack for your truck bed.
Tags: bicycle racks for trucks, bike rack for pickup truck, bike rack for truck bed, bike racks for trucks, truck bed bicycle rack
Categorised in: Uncategorized