Saris Bones 801 3-bike Trunk Rack
The Saris Bones 3-bike carrier highlights a vaulted or arched-design which is capable of fitting just about any vehicle, and the exclusive anti-sway straps and articulated rubber feet protect both your bike and your vehicle.
The Saris Bones 3-bike rack is both easy to use and easy to install. It comes equipped with ratcheting straps which offer both security and stability of your bikes. The Saris Bones accomplishes this via its exclusive anti-sways and rubberized feet apparatuses. The vinyl coated hooks strap securely to your vehicle along with spring buckles. Overall, most buyers of the Saris Bones 801 agreed that this trunk mounted bike rack is well worth the money spent. The rack is well-built, easy to install, and fits a variety of vehicles. They like the versatility the Saris Bones gives them. For example, the aluminum tube frame with gear-like ribs allows for the arms to slide into, gives the rack unlimited adjustment of the mount arms along with the bike carrier arms.
Some suggested paying particular attention to the directions and others suggested in order to keep the front tire from rotating while driving is to wrap a bungee cord through the front wheel, then hook it to the sprocket. This will keep everything in place while driving.
Key Features of the Saris Bones 801 Trunk Bike Rack
- Strongest Injection-molded arms and legs
- Arc-based design fits over most spoilers and separates bikes
- Rubberized feet that protects the vehicle and coated straps that protect bikes
- Tilting feature allows easy access to rear of vehicle
- Carries up to 3 bicycles (35 lbs/bike)
- Built with 100% recyclable materials
- Rust-free injection molded plastic
- Vinyl-coated hooks
- Strongest frame on the market
- Protects car’s body paint
- Ratcheting anti-sway straps for a secure hold
- Arc–based design separates bikes on different levels
- Frame fits over most spoilers
- Available in various colors
- Compatible with most vehicles including SUVs
- Lightweight at 11 pounds
Trunk Bike Racks
Hitch Bike Racks