Thule 599CTR Big Mouth 1-bike Rooftop Bike Rack
$179.95 (as of April 24, 2019, 6:00 am)
You don’t need to spend a fortune for the ease of use, safety, and stability of your bike’s transportation towards new adventures, with Thule’s Big Mouth Rooftop Bike Rack.
The path to a new discovery can be tricky and dangerous in many cases. But that’s not the case if we’re talking about taking your bicycle towards an unbeaten path. Thule’s bike rack (Big Mouth) is one example of convenience, stability and safety of transportation of your bike.
But let’s see why this rooftop, frame-mount bike rack is recommended for the task, through its features:
- The versatility of the Big Mouth roof bike rack is firstly delivered through its compatibility with all the Thule rack system, other round bars and even with the Thule Aero profile (achievable by the acquisition of an additional adapter, separately), but it is also compatible with most models of disk brakes on the bikes
- But alongside adaptability, stability is one of this frame mounted bike carrier’s key features and it is delivered through the combination of its solid wheel tray (which holds your bike’s wheels), the two cinch able wheel straps that quickly secure the wheels to the tray and (maybe the most important one) the center support’s jaw like grip on your bike’s central frame.
- All of these mechanisms are possible to be used with only one hand, thus enhanced convenience is also guaranteed
- The versatility of this frame mount bike rack is also shown by the fact that it fits bike frames up to almost 4 inches in diameter and tires up to 2.6 inches wide
- The secure transit of your bike is further ensured by the self-adjusting jaws, that automatically wrap around the downtube for precise frame hole and through the one-key lock cylinder (sold separately) that locks the bike to the carrier and the carrier to the roof rack system of your car
- Last but not least, Thule’s bike rack can be configured to be mounted on the driver’s side, although it is standardly designed for the passenger side of the car and its wheel tray is compatible both with mountain and road bikes (through an included adapter)
Roof Bike Racks
Roof Bike Racks