Those new, unknown places won’t get discovered on their own, they need you and your buddy for that. But they also require a well functioning bike, adapted to the kind of environment you are going to explore. This is the reason for which you should take a look at the safety of transportation, versatility and cool design that come with the 2 bike platform hitch rack from Thule. Let’s see if the product is the thing for you.
- This lightweight bicycle hitch carrier (only 35 lbs.) is also very convenient, as it can be folded when not in use, giving you easy access to the rear of your vehicle.
- It is not convenient only because it folds but also the DoubleTrack Pro is easy to install and it fits both 2″ and 1.25″ receivers (the platform bike rack comes with STL2 bolt included to lock carrier to the vehicle).
- Regardless of the journey ahead, your bike will be securely carried to the destination, with the aid of frame-friendly clamps that come with locks.
- If you still doubt that your bikes will arrive intact to your adventure’s starting point, the 10” distance between them when loaded on this hitch bike rack should assure you that nothing bad will happen.
- The versatility of this hitch bike rack translates into a variety of bikes that can be carried (from road to mountain and fat-tire bikes), that have a variety of tire sizes (up to 4.7”), due to the pivoting cushioned bike frame clamps.
- The adaptability of the product stands in the sliding wheel tray, which has adjustable straps for two bikes and it can be further enhanced with Thule’s Carbon Frame Adapter (which has to be bought separately)
- On top of all that, the 2 bikes that can be carried can weigh up to 70 lbs. and all the advantages listed above come in a package that is no larger than 51 x 37.6 x 34.9’’