Thule Prologue 516XT 1-bike Roof Fork-Mount Bike Carrier
$149.95 (as of March 22, 2019, 6:15 am)
Begin your journey to the unknown by safely and quickly transporting your bicycle on unbeaten paths with this Thule Prologue roof, fork-mount bike rack. The lockable skewer and aluminum tray of this carrier enhance its security and ease of use.
Discover the ways in which this aluminum bike rack from Thule is going to help you follow your passion for cycling, through the security given by its lockable skewer, the ease of use given by its single-wall aluminum tray, through the convenience brought by the compatibility with other Thule accessories and through the rage of bike sizes that perfectly fit.
Now let’s see if this Thule Prologue fork mount bike carrier is the one for you.
Features of the Thule Prologue Bike Rack
- This lockable rooftop bike rack uses 1 Thule One-Key lock cylinder (not included), that locks both the bike to the carrier and the carrier to the rack
- Its versatile design makes the rooftop mounted bike rack compatible with standard 9 mm axles and most disc brakes bicycles
- The single-wall, corrosion-resistant aluminum tray of the Prologue bike rack fits wheelbases up to 48 inch and tire widths up to 2.6 inch
- It is factory built to be compatible with Thule round bars and square bars only
- This product works with 15 and 20 mm forks, but also with left forks (it requires separately sold adapters though)
- More safety of transportation through the lockable stainless steel skewer with single line adjustment, firmly fixing the bike to the carrier, and the high strength nylon composite head (the lock is sold separately)
- The load capacity of this roof bike rack is up to 35 libs
- The stylish look of this aluminum bike carrier is further enhanced by its 51.5 x 8.6 x 4 inches dimensions and its ease of use by the 5 lbs. of weight it has.
- It is not compatible with Thule Aeroblade bars, but it is factory compatible with the Thule Ride-On Adapter (sold separately)