Yakima SideWinder 1-tandem Fork-Mount Bike Rack
Whether you like cycling with your best buddy or simply crave for the fun of a bike ride on the beach with your soulmate, this Yakima tandem bike rack might just be the choice for you.
The Yakima SideWinder tandem bike carrier is the perfect fork-mount roof bike rack if you and your life partner enjoy romantic rides in beautiful places. The ease of use that this bicycle carrier provides, through its swing-out arm that allows one person to load a bicycle for two, and the safety of transportation once the bike is loaded, through the padded boom cradle and quick release straps, speak for this product’s versatility.
Although, just like you, we know there is more to take into account when choosing a bike rack, so let’s begin exploring the main features of Yakima’s SideWinder:
- The main asset of this rooftop, fork mounted bike carrier is its ease of use, coming from the swing-out arm and the tool-free, 25 min installation on the roof racking system of the car
- The stability and security of the bike are also ensured through the padded boom cradle and quick-release straps protect bottom-mounted cables (although you should know that the Yakima SKS lock core is sold separately)
- Because it is a fork-mount carrier, it will not interfere with most hatchbacks (although it is a little more difficult for one person to load a bike for two on taller vehicle, like SUVs)
- More ease is added by the fact that the SKS lockable skewer allows you to secure the fork, and then swing the tandem bike into its place on the roof of the care
- This roof bike rack supports any 9mm / 100mm tandem fork (but you’ll have to buy the locks separately) and comes with a handlebar strap for even more stability
- The product is compatible with Yakima round and square crossbars only
- This Yakima bike carrier is no larger than 55 x 9 x 5 inches and weighs no more than 19.35 pounds
- This rooftop bike rack supports one tandem bicycle up to 50 lbs. at a minimum of 24” crossbar spread
- In order to be able to use it, you’ll need a car-roof rack system in place
Roof Bike Racks